Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Am I really coming back?

It has been a long time that things are slow in this blog. I have been very late on getting back to some people who contacted me for materials, discussions etc- I am sorry and I'll get back to them... Also, I will try to get back to my usual pace in updating my blog, which is interrupted by my dissertation and its defense for my committee. Unfortunately, I am still dealing with some scheduling issues on getting my PhD in hand, however, it's happening very very soon.

I want to make a smooth return to blogging by posting on responsible electronics recycling guidelines - nothing controversial or too complicated. If you go over these guidelines, you will notice both reuse and material recovery are emphasized and proper testing for refurbished equipment is urged. So it's actually not about "recycling" as we know it. It's product recovery, which spans remanufacturing, refurbishing, material recovery, material recycling, disposal, incineration.

Take a look at detailed guildelines here.

No comments: